The most frequently asked question from clients is to talk them through the “sliding scale” of VR opportunities. There are so many misconceptions that VR is prohibitively expensive or inaccessible. The Mill’s Emerging Technology & VFX Supervisor Gawain Liddiard will break down these myths by talking through and demonstrating our roster of work as an example of the various levels of opportunity in VR.
- Small budget / 2 week turnaround: Reeps One ‘Does Not Exist’
- Mid-level budget / timeframe: ‘MULE’ (short film)
- Cinematic: Google Spotlight Stories ‘HELP’, a collaboration with Google ATAP, Bullitt Branded and Star Trek: Beyond Director Justin Lin
The thread that links all of these projects, regardless of budget, is there being a strong creative idea and well-executed narrative.
- Is high-quality VR really accessible to everyone?
- What is the scope of VR content currently out there?
- How do we break down the hurdles of creating high-quality immersive media?