A Quick Guide On How To Edit The Design Of Your Digital Signage Templates
Social Media Week is a leading news platform and worldwide conference that curates and shares the best ideas and insights into social media and technology's impact on business, society, and culture.
Allow me to start from the beginning and to explain quickly and briefly what a digital template is before we dive into the deep end. In a nutshell, the template has been designed to make your life much easier especially if you have zero design skills and you need to have your solution up and running in the shortest time possible. Not only that but that you want your digital banner to look outstanding.
So, the templates are meant to cut down the time (and costs) that you might have had to incur in the process of taking care of setting up a digital banner that would represent your digital marketing campaign adequately. As you would have imagined by now, there are different types of digital banners designed to take care of very specific needs.
Media Rich Templates
The templates are designed to take full advantage of all types of media including colors, animation, logos, styles of presentation and the very many formats in which media is displayed. They are also editable online via the dashboard using a very easy to use WYSIWYG editor. Alternatively, you can very easily download these templates, edit them and upload them to the displays, in zero time.
The templates can be broken down to the following common categories of use; Advertisements- This is by far the most common use of the digital signage templates. This type of template comes fully loaded with the graphics and animation necessary to let you set up your deals and special offers on the fly. Event and Schedule Notifications- These are useful for areas, such as hospital waiting rooms, banking halls, educational institutions and airport lounges.
WYSIWYG Easy To Edit Templates
The third category is the Digital Menu Board, which has the name ably suggests, is useful for the hospitality industries and for occasions such as wedding events or other such meetings. These are loaded with different menu styles, which contain images and a table for inputting the name of the menu item and the associated costs. Live Weather Digital Boards- these can be configured to display current prevailing weather conditions, short term forecasts and weekly forecasts.
Well, now that we are through with the various categorizations of digital templates, it is incumbent for us to get down to the nitty gritty of editing them and making them useful for your specific needs. It is a fairly simple process that you can employ to get you up and running in no time at all;
- Choose a Design – Well, considering that a digital signage services provider is likely going to bundle their solution with a whole host of templates, you must exercise a lot of care in choosing the one that suits you. This means that you should not be too swamped by the choices and end up making a bad choice. Use the categories menu to narrow down to your particular industry and need, and have a live preview of it. Once you find the one that speaks to your needs, click on the edit button.
- Edit and Customize–Once you click the edit button for the template of your choice, a WYSIWG editor will pop up and all the areas of the template will now be editable.You now have full control to alter the design and layout of your template.
- Edit Text- You can choose the fonts, alignments; you can resize, crop, rotate, re-size, and alter the look and much more.
- Edit Images – In this case, you can replace the stock images with the images of your choice, those that are located on or off-line. You can rotate, place shadows, crop and do a whole lot more with the images to your ultimate satisfaction.
- Media Library –In this case, you can choose from the often thousands of images and videos that have been bundled with your solution. You can use them as is or alter them according to your wishes.
- Animate- You can pan and zoom, toss, crop, add effects, a time line or ticker or any other thing that you wish to do to the video.
- Customize – If you find the media not to your tastes, then you have the option of uploading the media that you have on your hard drive, including your custom logo and banners.
- Preview and Tweak – Once you are done with uploading the media of your choice to your digital media project, you will be in good stead to do the testing. It is important to note that the effects are added in real time and you can view your changes as you go along with the process.
- Publish Live – Once satisfied, you then save the project and publish it live on your dashboard. That is it, congratulations, now you have your digital signage up and running.
Cover picture: erenkocyigit.com
Article written by Jack Dawson.
Want to write for Social Media Week?
We're looking for individuals around the globe to contribute articles on marketing, media, technology, and more.