In the past seven days, we’ve had an amazing 2100 sign-ups for people to attend events in New York, including many event sell-outs of pre-released tickets (don’t worry if you missed out, more tickets will be released in many cases). That will surely be only the tip of the iceberg, as we came out of the gate with just a little more than one-third of our expected total content for the February 7-11 week.
And grow it shall. The initial offering of events included just over fifty open for sign-up. Today we are opening another thirty, bringing our total to around 80 open for registration now, with another thirty to forty in various stages of confirmation. With any luck, there should be 140-150 spread out across New York, in the five Content Hubs and other venues around the city.
If you’re wondering how you’ll know that an event has been added to schedule going forward, just search hashtag #smwnycnew on Twitter, where updates for all new events will be posted.
Of these expected 140 events, over sixty of them will be taking place our Content Hubs. Please check out our new Hub landing page at http://socialmediaweek.org/newyork/hub/, which gives a breakdown of each Hub and everything we’ve got in store there. The Hubs are listed below:
Business, Media, and Communications Hub, hosted by JWT and co-sponsored by YouTube
People & Society Hub, hosted by The Paley Center for Media and sponsored by PepsiCo
Art & Culture, hosted by Hearst Magazines
Entertainment, Gaming & Sports, hosted by Red Bull Space
Science & Technology, hosted by Google
The schedules are filling up at JWT, Paley Center, and Hearst, and Red Bull Space and Google expect to make the majority of their schedule available in the next few days. Please check out our new Hub landing page here at http://socialmediaweek.org/newyork/hub/, which will give a breakdown of each Hub and everything we’ve got in store there.
So what’s on the docket for the week? Included among the many events taking place this February in New York are exciting offerings by our following global and local sponsors:
- Five events by JWT at the JWT-hosted Business, Media and Communications Hub — see the Hub page to read about all five
- A presentation by Meebo at the JWT Hub on “The Social Web – Have We Arrived?”
- Three panels by PepsiCo at The Paley Center for Media’s People and Society Hub and other locations to be announced
- Two events by Business, Media and Communications Hub co-sponsor YouTube, including a workshop luncheon and roundtable of ad agency creative directors at JWT
- Three events by Sapient Nitro, including a panel on social philanthropy at The Paley Center for Media Hub; a Freddie Laker keynote followed by “Social Media Across the Pond” panel at the Hearst Magazines Art & Culture Hub; and “If Your Real Life Was a Social Network, at the Google Hub.
- Microsoft Advertising panel on “Earned, Owned Paid Media” at JWT Hub
- Time Inc. is hosting two events at their home, Content & Conversation and Engagements & Insights
- Edelman will be hosting an event at their penthouse space in Manhattan
- Lucky Magazine will be hosting a full-day conference looking at fashion, lifestyle and social media.
- Convio panel on “Getting the Most Out of Third-party and Social Giving Sites for Your Nonprofit” at the Paley Center Hub
- Luminary Labs panel on Health | Tech | Food at the Paley Center Hub
Plus a smattering of other events open for registration now!
- “Citizen Cartographer Workshop: Tracing 19th Century Manhattan“, Hosted by The New York Public Library
- “Open UN: Engagement in the Age of Real-Time“, Hosted by United Nations Global Pulse, at the Paley Center Hub
- “Hot In Cleveland” panel, Hosted by TV Land, at the Hearst Hub
- Convergence: How Social Commerce and Mobile Change the Way We Make Decisions and Shop, hosted by Saatchi Wellness at their offices
- Launch event for the “Oysterpedia: Have Your App and Eat It Too” at the Mermaid Inn
- “Innovation Showcase: Social Media for Education” presented by McGraw-Hill Education/GradeGuru at their offices
Check back here for more information to follow in the coming weeks as we approach lift-off on Feb 7!