Today is the day. Registration is open. Conversations are starting. Excitement is building! If this is your first Social Media Week, however, you probably have a few questions. No problem. We’re here to break it down for you:
What is it? Social Media Week is a global event that explores how technology is shaping our lives, and how social media is impacting society, culture and economies around the world. And you’re just in time for our next series of activities — happening, simultaneously, in 10 cities around the globe — February 18th through 22nd.
Interested? You can attend SMWNYC in person or join via our SMW Livestream – which you can also access from your phone when you download our Social Media Week app. To participate:
1. Create an account or Log-in
• Visit the Schedule page and identify the events you would like to attend
• Click “Attend” (Note: A small number of our event partners choose to use 3rd-party technologies to process registration. If this is the case, the event page will clearly provide instructions on how to access the 3rd-party event registration page)
• Verify your registration by going to your profile and selecting “My Schedule”
• For those joining virtually, events eligible for streaming can be identified by a camera icon on the schedule. The corresponding livestream link will be updated as soon as we have it.
• We will continue to add events through February, so keep checking back!
3. Purchase a Pass
(Though most SMW events are free, we’re shaking things up this year by introducing our first Global HQ and a number of passes that will provide a more exclusive experience. Note: if you would like to attend events at the Global HQ a pass is required.)
• Insider Pass: Full access to ALL Hubs, Global HQ, VIP Opening & Closing Parties, guide & special offers. No pre-registrations needed. No walkups.
• Global HQ Pass: Full access to events, classes, lounges and more at our new Global HQ (pass required), plus special offers.
• Hub Pass: Unlimited access at this Hub, plus special offers. No walkups.
Interested in a more immersive experience? Volunteer! SMWNYC relies upon volunteers to make SMW a reality. Checking in attendees and providing assistance to speakers and panelists are only a few of the many critical roles that volunteers play. Not sure what to expect, find out what past volunteer Amelia Shroyer had to say.
We’re looking forward to the most rewarding SMW NYC yet. Here’s to you for being a part of it!