With a passion for emerging technology, mobile and social media, Social Media Week attendees always strive to understand and share what’s next. This February, we’re excited to explore “Upwardly Mobile: The Rise of The Connected Class” throughout the conference, and what this theme represents from today until 2022, when six billion individuals will be connected to each other online. The sessions you won’t want to miss feature leading companies sharing their top strategies and predictions of what’s happening, and what’s to come.
To help you discover the best of Social Media Week New York, we asked a few of our attendees to share their top picks for events, talks and masterclasses taking place throughout the week. Below, Crystal Beasley, Co-Founder and CEO of Qcut, gives us a look at the events she doesn’t want to miss:
- Rev. Jesse Jackson: Why Diversity in Tech Matters
- Where Fashion and Technology Collide: A Talk with Meredith Kopit Levien, New York Times
- Beyond The Moonwalking Bear: New Ideas In Understanding Human Attention
- Social Movements: Reigniting Human Connectivity
- Startups to Watch: Why Entrepreneurs Will Build The Future
- The Myth of Venture Capital, A Chat with Jon Oringer, Founder and CEO, Shutterstock
About Crystal Beasley
Crystal Beasley is the Co-Founder and CEO of Qcut. Qcut makes jeans in 400 sizes to fit eight different body types and heights. With no measuring tape needed, women can give us five bits of data about themselves: the size of their favorite jeans, height, weight, and counter-intuitively… bra size and shoe size. These data points are crunched to predict the critical aspects of fit and find her perfect pair.