When Social Media Week started in 2009 in New York, the conference took place all around the city. Business leaders, designers, marketers, journalists, freelancers, strategists, and anyone interested in the convergence of technology and media had a platform to come together and explore new ideas and trends in the industry.
Today, as the industry and SMW has evolved, we still aim to provide local communities of Social Media Week the opportunity to come together and discuss, debate, and dive into best practices and new trends in media, marketing, and tech.
This year is no different, and we’re thrilled to highlight some of the Independent Events taking place in New York during Social Media Week NYC. These events take place at separate venues and offices, and use their own registration, so plan accordingly if you would like to attend.
Your HQ pass does not include independent events. Please register for these separately.
- Truthful, Accurate and Not Misleading: A 90-Minute Guide to Best Practices in Advertising Across Social Media Platforms (hosted by Advertising Self-Regulatory Council)
- A Cross-Device Primer: Technology and Self-Regulation (hosted by Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.)
- Influential: How Brands and Influencers Can Work Together For Maximum Impact (hosted by Sharp Communications)
- Firing-Up Emerging Leaders (FUEL) Forum: How Millennials are Writing the Rulebook in a Digitally-Driven World (hosted by W2O Group)
- The Art of Creating For The Silent Era (hosted by Derby)
- The Message Has A New Medium: Strategies for Fostering Communication in the Workplace (hosted by TPG Architecture)
- WOMMA Wine Wednesday | Under the Influence: A Guide for Brands and Retailers Working with Influencers (hosted by WOMMA and Collective Bias)
- Short Video: Courting the Modern Attention Span (hosted by Visual Country)
- 3 Ways to Think About Learning in 2017: Culture, Marketing, and Revenue (hosted by Sociality Squared)
- Text100’s Cocktails and Connections (hosted by Text100)
View the full schedule of official and independent events here. Please note that we are officially sold out of HQ passes for #SMWNYC, but you can still watch all of the action LIVE by signing up for SMW Insider, our live and on-demand video platform.