Subject: Permission to attend SMW New York 2020
I'd like to ask for permission to attend Social Media Week New York in May.
SMW is the world’s premier conference for professionals who are looking to advance their expertise and skills in social media. By attending I will gain insight into the latest trends, best practices from the industries leaders such as:
* Amy Avery, Chief Intelligence Officer, Droga5
* Harry Bernstein, Chief Creative Officer, Havas
* Izzie Lerer, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, The Dodo
* Emmy Favilla, Global Copy Chief, BuzzFeed
* Lila King, Head of Global News & Publisher Partnerships, Instagram
* Anjali Sud, CEO, Vimeo
* John Nitti, Chief Media Officer, Verizon
* Amy Emmerich, Chief Content Officer, Refinery29
* Chris Marino, Director, Global Social Media Strategy, American Express
* James Thompson, CMO, Diageo North America
* Sarah Hofstetter, CEO, 360i
The event is 3 days, but I can pick and choose specific sessions so will not be OOO the entire time. They have dedicated co-working lounges and high-speed Wifi so that I can work throughout my time at the event. The program is organized into tracks and actionable takeaways, including:
* How to effectively grow and engage your audience
* How to gain new customers and reduce cost of acquisition
* How to use data to make better decisions
* How to rise above the noise through better storytelling
Additionally Attendees get access to all the livestreams and a full conference recap report which I can distribute internally after the conference. Also, if I purchase my pass before XXX I can get XX% discount and if we send multiple people from the team they will offer us an even deeper discount.
Check out this video (https://bit.ly/2CDsCKd) which features attendees from Pinterest, Instagram, NatGeo and Unified talking about why they think it’s important to attend.
Thanks for your consideration.