The Future of Human Computer Interaction: How Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Will Incite Behavior Change
1:20 PM - 2:05 PM
Hosted by Addicaid
TimesCenter: Stage Two 242 W 41st St New York NY 10036
Humans instinctively seek patterns. But our approaches are oftentimes biased and ineffective. We miss the patterns that are significant and frequent and convince ourselves others exist when they are just random noise.
A goal of machine learning is to find patterns, and extend influence to improve systems with automation and analysis with the aid of artificial intelligence. While we have come a long way in applying these technologies to automate a variety of systems and personalize our online lives, the progress for significant behavior change beyond our purchase history and news feed is lacking.
Behavioral economics can be interpreted as the science of improved decision-making and is at the forefront of examining our wide array of human biases. By combining the power of Artificial intelligence and machine learning with real-time active and passive behavioral data we will give context to our decision making habits and can develop solutions that will modify them for the better. Only then will we realize our true potential to routinely behave in ways that continually improve our lives on a personal, social, and societal level.
- Accessible, high-level overview of the progression of Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
- Emergence of behaviorally influential technology
- What the latest research is pointing to in both near and long-term trends
- Current commercial applications of AI & ML geared towards human computer interaction
- How the power of incorporating behavioral economics into AI & ML can address societal issues.
Venue & Location
TimesCenter: Stage Two242 W 41st St
New York, NY 10036