This session is a Workshop. All Workshops taking place at Convene will NOT be available on SMW Insider (either Live or on-demand).
HQ Pass pick-up is available at Convene from 8:15am – 4:00pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Millennials comprise the largest share of the U.S. workforce and nearly a third of them (and growing) are in management positions. So, why is it that most organizations wait up to ten years to provide leadership training to managers?
As innovation and entrepreneurialism seep into even the most established, “old school” organizations—CB Insights recently cited 50+ such programs in a recent report—young managers are taking on larger responsibilities and teams earlier in their careers. It’s time to face this leadership gap head-on and equip our the leaders of tomorrow with the tools and support they need to develop talent and drive business impact.
In this 60-minute bootcamp, you’ll learn the essential traits of a strong leader and what tools and support are needed to develop your talents over time.
- Your first 100 days: Tips for surviving your first 3 months as a manager
- Transparency & communication in the age of Slack
- How to demonstrate active listening & act on employee feedback
- Employee engagement: What is it & what plays into it
- How to manage remote employees and/or global teams
- The difference between a manager and a leader
Workshops are hosted at