What is the true value of word of mouth (WOM), online and off, relative to other marketing and media?
In 2014, the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) gathered some of the world’s leading brands and researchers and launched “Return on Word of Mouth,” a landmark study to finally answer these questions:
- How much of a brand’s sales are driven by WOM?
- Does WOM amplify marketing and, if so, by how much?
- How do the impacts of online and offline WOM compare?
- What are the best practices for including WOM in marketing mix models?
- How do WOM and paid impression compare in their power to drive sales?
In this session, study participants will present the results and discuss their far-reaching implications. You may also request a copy of this study at http://www.womma.org/ReturnOnWOM
Participating Brand and Research Partners:
- Beth Rockwood, Discovery Communications
- Jim Totten, PepsiCo
- Lee Hurley, Weight Watchers
- Nancy Smith, Analytic Partners
- Erin Tavgac, Converseon
- Brad Fay, Keller Fay
Moderator: Peter Storck, House Party (and Chair of WOMMA’s Research Council)