Stripe was founded after twenty-four year old John Collison and his brother Patrick encountered problems with online payments in their previous businesses. Since then, Silicon Valley has been in love with Stripe’s promise—believing its coding tools could build a world where we can easily pay for stuff through nearly any app or web service.
Stripe is at the forefront of a disruption in the payments industry that has been long overdue. Cashless mobile payments are set to be a major focus for retailers and brands, along with platforms, such as Facebook’s and Twitters new “buy” buttons, both powered by Stripe’s code. And with high-profile partnerships with the likes of ApplePay and now Kickstarter, Stripe is clearly having its moment.
On Thursday February 26, John Collision examines the future of the world’s online payment systems at Social Media Week New York.
In addition to learning start-up secrets from Stripe’s John Collison, you can learn how to be more productive with over 60 masterclasses, including:
- Is Data The Future Of Journalism?, hosted by Medium
- Storytelling With Vine: How To Create Short Form Video That People Remember, hosted by Mashable
- Swipe Right: What Tinder Can Teach Brands
- Ephemeral Messaging Masterclass: Maximizing Your Snapchat For Storytelling
- Decoding Wearables: Leveraging Wearable Tech Platforms In Campaigns
- Interactive Video Workshop: Tactics For Optimizing Your Content And Strategy
- Marketing Lessons From Crowdfunding: The Psychology Of Success
- Unlocking The Language Of Code To Increase Your Digital IQ
- Vimeo Video School Live: Creative Toolsets To Engage A Global Audience
- Growth Hacking Quick Wins: Strategies To Increase Customer Base
Today, we’ve announced many new incredible official and independent events. Check out the latest lineup here.