Thank you for playing your part in helping to make Social Media Week such a huge success. We were thrilled that you were able to contribute to the incredible energy at our new Campus experience last week.
Together, we saw some inspirational speakers, from Don Tapscott exploring how we can solve problems together to Seth Godin joining Robin Chase and Lisa Gansky to expound on the future of the sharing economy. Other highlights included:
- + Fabien Cousteau announced the launch of Mission 31, his first attempt to live and work underwater.
- + Jonah Peretti of BuzzFeed joined our founder for a keynote interview.
- + Percolate showcasing the power content and distribution at scale.
- + We held our first Wearable Tech Fashion Show, in partnership with Tech in Motion.
- + Chipotle launched their new (unbranded) series, “Farmed and Dangerous.”
- + 10 incredible social entrepreneurs competed for $10k with Yoxi.
- + Our NOW Studio, powered by Nokia, was packed full of some of the world’s most prolific Vine artists, illustrating how to become a better content creator.
- + Leica was at Campus shooting beautiful portraits of our attendees.
- + 140 Proof brought to life your social profile with a caricature artist.
- + Under Armour presented daily yoga.
While off Campus AOL threw a great bash, and SUXORZ returned to give out worst in social awards. Sociality Squared and Contra Studios explored how creatives can keep their creativity and sanity in our always on world. And this is just a handful of all the activities last week.
Most importantly, we were honored to have you join us. As our first year hosting all Official Events in our new Campus, we know we faced some challenges, but thanks to your real-time feedback, we adjusted our process, which we hoped improved your experience over the course of the week.
As we reflect and regroup, we are asking for you to tell us what you thought of the experience. How can we get better? What needs to improve? What was missing for you?
Please take 5 minutes to complete our survey here — and we’ll be giving away a prize pack, allowing you a chance to win either a Nokia Icon or Lumia 1520 plus, Purity Monster In-Ear Headphones and a FitBit.
Thank you again — for your time, for your participation, and for being a part of SMW14.
A very special thank you to our production partners MKG, our Global Headline Sponsor, Nokia, and supporting sponsors including, Spotify, Merck, Prodigy Network, Google+, Unmetric, and Percolate. We want to give credit where credit is due, and SMW wouldn’t be what it is without them.