SMWRdam November 14-16, 2017
Everything you always wanted to know about Social Media Week Rotterdam (but were afraid to ask):
- What is Social Media Week?
- What’s the target audience of Social Media Week?
- What’s the difference between a Day Pass and a VSP Pass?
- Can I share a VSP Pass or Week Pass with my colleagues?
- Is Social Media Week Rotterdam only about social media?
- Why should I attend?
- If I sign up for an event, am I then guaranteed for a place?
- Where do the events take place?
- How much does a VSP Pass or Day Pass cost?
- Is Social Media Week really a week?
- Where can I follow Social Media Week Rotterdam?
- Does Social Media Week only take place in Rotterdam?
- Will the events be in English or in Dutch?
- Is there a timetable of the schedule?
- How do I get to #SMWRdam?
- In what languages will the sessions been held during Social Media Week Rotterdam?
- Where can I stay during Social media Week Rotterdam?
- Pass Pick-Up instructions
Q: What is Social Media Week?
A: Taking place four times a year, Social Media Week is a worldwide event that investigates the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. Our mission is to connect people and organizations through collaboration, learning and sharing of ideas and information.
Social Media Week Rotterdam (#SMWRdam) is a three-day long conference that provides ideas, trends, insights and inspiration, assisting people and businesses to understand how they can achieve more in a hyperconnected world. The event features a central stage for keynotes and panels, two smaller rooms for workshops, masterclasses and presentations, and an area completely dedicated to co-working, networking and interactive installations.
Q: What’s the target audience of Social Media Week?
A: Social Media Week Rotterdam is primarily aimed at businesspeople – senior and medior marketers, founders, entrepreneurs, influencers and digital connected consumers – in a wide range of sectors, including marketing, advertising, communication, media, publishing, technology, art and entertainment.
Q: What’s the difference between a Day Pass and a VSP Pass?
A: VSP Passes go on sale starting September 12th. The VSP Pass gives you access to all the official Social Media Week Rotterdam events, which take place from the 15th until the 17th of November. Making you a Very Social Person! Wish to only attend for a day? Day Passes go for sale as soon as the program is clearly defined, a couple of weeks prior to the event. Stay in touch by liking our Facebook, following our Twitter or Instagram or by visiting our website.
Q: May I share a VSP or Week Pass with my colleagues?
A: No, passes are non-transferable.
Q: Is Social Media Week Rotterdam only about social media?
A: No, Social Media Week is also about modernization, big data, technology, communication, online, wearables and all other innovations that influence us.
Q: Why should I attend?
A: We believe there are many compelling reasons to attend. Here are just a few:
- Community created content: Due to the unique way that the program is curated, the content and programming is designed to cover every emerging trend, technology area and industry sector.
- Education: From workshops, masterclasses and online learning, our educational programming provides professionals with the latest in trends, best practices and industry case studies.
- Iconic venues and locations: We believe space should always factor into the design of the experience. Thanks to strategic partnerships with iconic institutions and venues, such as LantarenVenster, Social Media Week is able to enhance your experience and make this possible.
- Hyper-social attendees: Due to a focus on depth and diversity, the conference attracts a broad array of hyper-social influencers, practitioners and academic thinkers.
Q: If I sign up for an event, is my place guaranteed?
A: No, we do not reserve seats. This applies to all events: first come, first served.
Q: Where do the events take place?
A: All official events take place at LantarenVenster, Otto Reuchlinweg 996, 3072MD in Rotterdam.
Q: How much does a VSP Pass or Day Pass cost?
A: A VSP Pass costs € 599 and a Day Pass € 249. Day Passes go on sale as soon as the program is clearly defined.
PROTIP: Prior to the event, some early bird discounts on a VSP Pass are available. Stay in touch by liking our Facebook page, following our Twitter or Instagram or by visiting our website. Happy hunting!
Q: Is Social Media Week really a week?
A: Social Media Week Rotterdam takes place from 15 – 17 November 2016. A mid-week filled with interesting, uplifting information that will definitely give you brand new insights.
Q: Does Social Media Week only take place in Rotterdam?
A: No, in November Social Media Week takes place in Chicago, Santiago and… Rotterdam!
Q: Will the events be in English or in Dutch?
A: Most events on the mainstage will be in English (sometimes with a cute Dutch accent). Some presentations or workshops in the smaller rooms will be in English, but mostly hosted in Dutch.
Q: Is there a timetable of the schedule?
A: The timetable will be published a couple of weeks prior to the event. For the time being , check out our speakers here. Stay in touch by liking our Facebook page, following our Twitter or Instagram or by visiting our website.
Q: How do I get to #SMWRdam?
A: LantarenVenster is located at the Otto Reuchlinweg 996, 3072MD in Rotterdam.
You can reach LantarenVenster easiest by public transport. From Rotterdam Central Station please take the metro (Lines D, E) or the tram (Lines 12, 20, 23 en 25). Exit at Wilhelminaplein. From there it’s a five minute walk.
Q: In what languages will the sessions been held during Social Media Week Rotterdam?
A: The sessions on both stages will be held either in English or in Dutch.
On de mainstage there will be a translator present, so everybody is able to follow the sessions in English.
Want to know which speakers speak English and which ones in Dutch? You can find this information in our schedule.
Q: Where can I stay during Social media Week Rotterdam?
A: If you’re attending one or more days of Social Media Week Rotterdam it is nice to stay around. We can wholeheartedly recommend nhow Rotterdam to lay down your head, and they’re happy to provide a discount. Please follow the following procedure for this discount. Please send your booking directly to email@example.com and ask for the #SMWRdam ‘social rate’.
Check the map below for their location.
3072 AP – Rotterdam
Pass Pick-up instructions
Once you’ve purchased a ticket, you will receive an email as confirmation of your attendance. Your name badge will be ready at the registration desk during #SMWRdam, please don’t forget your ID. You don’t need to print out the confirmation email, you can enter the venue with your name badge.